And, we’re back. Again.
- Howard Stern interviewed Jerry Seinfeld on Wednesday. I’ve long been fascinated by stand-up comedians, their craft, their methods. Howard and Jerry have an amazing conversation about all that, and more. Jerry has an amazing work-ethic, and a dedication to his craft. Its definitely admirable. And he’s right about Pop Tarts!
- The new Deep Purple album Now What?! Yes, they are still around, and still making amazing music and this new studio album is proof. Steve Morse has been in DP longer than Ritchie Blackmore was, and Morse really shines on this new album, produced by Bob Ezrin. Roger Glover, Ian Paice and of course, Ian Gillan are still in the band. Sounding as good as ever. Note the CD includes a bonus DVD and the full mp3 version of the album
- The second season of Veep on HBO. Last Sunday was the 10th and final episode of the 2013 season…Julie-Louis Dreyfuss is brilliant in this, as is the rest of the cast. Fast, funny and sharp. All the episodes also aired deleted scenes at the end.
- Summer has finally, officially hit, weather-wise. Hot, humid, along with some crazy storms that did a lot of damage.
- This band, The Oddfathers. Full-disclosure alert: I manage them. Will have a post about their greatness in the near future.